Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
The Russian company makes railway cars. Its new products will include Platform 23-5179 to transport rolled sheets.
Platform 23-5179 will only be used inside the manufacturing plant. It will be used to transport rolled stock along railways. The platform has been designed to fit steel sheets of specific measurements.
The Ural Railway Design Office, also part of Uralvagonzavod Corp., has created the design documentation for the new Platform 23-5179. Volschank and Ural Railway Design Office have collaborated on projects before. They make an effective team in creating, introducing, manufacturing, and marketing special-purpose carriages for serial production.
“Thanks to a number of design solutions, it will be possible to transport the sheets in a slanting position and to do all the loading and unloading with sheets placed horizontally, which meets the consignor and the consignee’s technological needs,” Volschansk Mechanical Plant officials said.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants