UMMC Yekaterinburg defeats Turkey's Fenerbahçe in Euroleague Women's final
The Turkish champion team got off to a poor start in the game, losing the title match of European basketball’s top-level competition for women. Yekaterinburg began the game with a 15-point lead and finished the first quarter 26-11, Hurriyet Daily News reports.
Despite the loss, Fenerbahçe made Turkish basketball history as the first team from the country to participate in a European title game.
Yekaterinburg was led by American guard Candace Parker, who scored 24 points and 11 rebounds. France’s Sandrine Gruda scored 19 points and eight rebounds, according to Hurriyet Daily News.
Also on Fenerbahçe, Ivana Matovic and Angel McCoughtry scored 22 points each. Turkey's top players, including Cappie Pondexter and Birsel Vardarlı, failed to pull through in the game, with Pondexter scoring only one point, for a 0-for-14 percentage. Turkish guard Vardarlı did not score any points.
Parker was named the MVP for the Final Eight, averaging 17.4 points and 12 rebounds throughout the competition, Hurriyet Daily News reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants