Actress Keira Knightley visits UrFU to discuss charity work
"Charity in our country is in a very fragile state of vulnerability," Knightley said. "So you have to take small steps and do many things for the first time. Charity has only one motto-- do not hesitate!"
Knightley's visit at UrFU was sponsored in part by SKB-Bank, which actively contributes to a number of charities endorsed by the actress. During her speech, students were able to make small contributions to a charity benefiting children suffering from brain cancer from their mobile phones.
Later on in the evening, Knightley shared her views on happiness, love and miracles. She encouraged students to cherish the relationships they have made during their college years and continue learning and exploring challenging new ideas after graduation.
"Do not stop and think about what is standard," Knightley said. "As soon as we stop arguing the standard, we will be more interested in each other. And I urge you to unite and help and to think and act outside the box."
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants