Classes begin at Ural State Mining University's new School of Journalism
Established this year in partnership with Typical of Yekaterinburg, URSMU's journalism program focuses primarily on online journalism and reporting practices related to social media and online communities.
Monday's class introduced students to basic concepts of journalism and journalistic ethics. After Kolotovkin's lecture on the features of informational texts in social media, students were given the opportunity to analyze the structures of pieces of journalism for their strengths, weaknesses and errors. For their first homework assignment, USRMU journalism students were instructed to find an interesting current event and write an article on it.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants