Yekaterinburg Zoo launches children's art contest
Held as part of Yekaterinburg's traditional Days of Thailand festival, the Magic Symbol of Siam contest invites children to create visual art pieces representing their favorite characters from Thai folk tales. Children are encouraged to use any visual arts techniques to create their pieces including pencil, watercolor, gouache and batik. Submissions are required to be mounted on a mat board marked with the artist's name, age and school.
Submissions will be accepted through Nov. 28 at at the Center of Culture and Leisure of Siam between the hours of 10 a.m. and 10 p.m. local time. Each participant will be invited to a special event at Yekaterinburg Zoo on Dec. 7 to view the winning works of art and participate in a master class to create a holiday garland. Children and parents will also have the opportunity to attend an educational tour of the zoo's Animals of Thailand exhibition.
Yekaterinburg's Days of Thailand has been held annually since 2010 to raise awareness of Thai culture among Ural residents.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants