UrFU to hold regional Tournament of Young Biologists
Open to biology students at secondary schools in Yekaterinburg and throughout the Sverdlovsk region, the Tournament of Young Biologists will gather teams of three to five students to compete in a variety of biology-related tasks. Events in the tournament will test competitors' theoretical and practical knowledge of biology through abstract problem-solving. The regional stage of tournament will consist of three separate rounds, with teams taking turns debating, countering arguments and refereeing.
Judges will evaluate the teams' ability to synthesize many areas of knowledge to answer questions which have no definitive answer. Teams are expected to thoroughly research a question before making presentations, but may consult with faculty mentors and biology experts before responding to the prompt.
The regional Tournament of Young Biologists is open to current students in grades 8-11.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants