UBRD releases 2014 Russian bank card statistics
More than 1.4 million active credit cards are in use by Russian consumers as of Sept. 30-- marking a 12 percent over the same period of the previous year. This year, banks issued seven percent more credit cards than during the first three quarters of 2013. The number of debit cards in use by Russians increase 41 percent over last year, while payroll cards increased by 10 percent.
Thirty-eight percent of Russian cardholders use their credit or debit cards at least once a week. Withdrawal of cash is the most popular bank card transaction among Russians, with 88 percent of cardholders reported withdrawing cash at least once per quarter using their debit cards. As of Sept. 30, forty-four percent of Russian cardholders had used their bank cards to pay for goods in stores during the year; forty-two percent of cardholders used their cards to pay for mobile services.
The average amount of a bank card transaction among UBRD cardholders was $131.06.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants