Koltsovo International Airport expands cargo terminal
Measuring 1,063 square feet, the outdoor storage area is designed to accommodate large and heavy cargo that do not require temperature control systems. The majority of the items contained within the new cargo area are industrial equipment.
The partially-enclosed storage facility allows crews to deposit large items with hoisting machines shortly after they arrive at Koltsovo. Additionally, storing industrial cargo outside frees up space in Koltsovo's indoor cargo terminal for more delicate items. Airport officials hope that this new and relatively low-cost storage solution will generate new business for Koltsovo from logistics companies.
Developed by Germany's Hochtief Airports, Koltsovo's cargo terminal was constructed in 2012. During the first nine months of this year, the terminal handled 15,700 tons of cargo and 2,300 tons of mail. The indoor cargo facility is capable of handling several types of goods including dangerous and perishable substances.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants