UrFU to hold Test Drive program for high school students
Now in its second year, Test Drive will gather 350 talented high school students from across Russia, Kazakhstan, Armenia, Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan for a two-day immersive experience at UrFU. The program challenges students' creative, cognitive and intellectual skills by simulating university-level coursework.
Applications will be accepted from Oct. 1 through Oct. 31 at testdrive.urfu.ru. In the first round of the applications process, high school students must register in groups of three to five people, led by a teacher. Student groups will next be required to submit a presentation centering on this year's theme of "Higher Education: Quality. Available. For Me."
Test Drive organizers will screen student submissions and place the presentations online. Student groups whose presentations receive the most votes from UrFU's online community will be invited to participate in this year's Test Drive, which will be held Jan. 9-10 at UrFU.
During the two-day event, students will be immersed in the UrFU community, where they will learn about the university's faculty and research facilities and have the chance to tour the city of Yekaterinburg. Selected students will also attend specialized educational programs consisting of lectures, seminars and laboratory work.
Teachers whose student teams are invited to participate in Test Drive will spend two days receiving training at the Congress of Teachers and will be invited to publish their experiences on Test Drive's proprietary social network
At the end of the program, students and teachers will attend a final ceremony to commemorate their participation and discuss their experiences at UrFU.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants