Gazprom Transgaz Yekaterinburg holds professional contest in Chelyabinsk
Held from Sept. 23 to 26, the professional contest drew participation from 15 Gazprom Transgaz employees across 10 company production facilities throughout the Sverdlovsk, Chelyabinsk, Kurgan and Orenburg regions. Each competitor who participated in the contest works directly in a linear production department of Gazprom Transgaz Yekaterinburg's main gas pipeline.
Throughout the four-day competition, participants demonstrated their knowledge and technical abilities in a variety of theoretical and practical assessments. Conducted in the Chelyabinsk facility's computer classroom, the theoretical portions of the competition were comprised of quizzes. Results from the quizzes were tallied using VOTUM software.
The practical portion of the competition began at the training center's NK-12ST pump simulator, where compressor equipment was configured to resembled actual working conditions. During simulation exercises, competitors showcased their ability to install temporary sealing devices to conduct permutation using emergency hand pumps, manually swap cranes in the derivation of a pumping unit for repair and replace the gasket in the flange connections of a DN-500 valve.
"Five of the 15 contestants are numerous participants in professional competitions," Competition Committee Chair Peter Kukanos said. "Taking into account the previous experience of participation, they are constantly improving their skills and achieve great results in the end."
The winner of last week's competition was Alex Bogdashov, who holds employment through Gazprom's Dalmatovsky LPUMG operation. Nikolai Balashov of Buzulukskaya LPUMG and Vladimir Sinitsyn of Chelyabinsk LPUMG received second and third place, respectively. The top three competitors received certificates, gifts and cash prizes.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants