Yekaterinburg administration offers advice on feeding squirrels in Mayakovsky park
Squirrels should be fed different types of foods depending on the season. In the summer, the department suggests feeding squirrels finely chopped produce such as apples, carrots, pears and berries. It is acceptable to feed the squirrels crackers during summer months so long as they are made from white bread only and contain no additional salt, Ekburg.ru reports.
In the winter, squirrels in the park should be fed dried fruit products free of additives such as sugar. Products which contain unsalted fats are also among preferred foods for squirrels during the winter, according to Ekburg.ru.
Nut products such as shelled walnuts, unpeeled pumpkin and sunflower seeds, pine nuts and hazelnuts in their shells can be fed to squirrels in any season. The department stressed that visitors to the park should refrain from feeding the squirrels any foods that contain excess salt, added sugar or other flavoring or aromatic additives, Ekburg.ru reports.
Squirrels in Mayakovsky park enjoy an abundance of naturally occurring protein sources. When bringing in outside food to feed the squirrels, visitors should put the food in the open palms of their hands and place their palms on a tree trunk before calling to the squirrels, according to Ekburg.ru.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants