UrFU's Cross of Nations running event draws 46,000 participants
The number of participants in the 2014 Cross of Nations is estimated to have increased by 5,000 compared to the previous year. UrFU students, faculty and staff alone comprised 12,000 of this year's participants.
The annual race begins at UrFU's university square and offers participants the option to compete in distances ranging between a half mile to 7.5 miles. Each year, special awards are given to the oldest and youngest participants. The oldest and youngest participants in this year's Cross of Nations were 85-years-old and two years-old, respectively.
Since UrFU began organizing the Cross of Nations in 2004, the event has quickly become a massive sporting festival in Russia with identical races held in nearly all regions of the country to promote healthy lifestyles.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants