Ural Mining Institute opens "Ural Mineralogical School - 2014"
This year's five-day "Urals Mineralogical School" was the result of a collaboration between Ural Mining University and the Institute of Geology and Geochemistry, the Ural Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, the Ural Branch of the Russian Mineralogical Society and the Ural regional Petrographic Council. Students, scientists and professional researchers in the fields of mineralogy and petrology from the Urals and adjacent territories were invited to attend.
Participants in this year's mineralogical school will celebrate two events during the program: the 100th anniversary of Ural Mining University and the 75th anniversary of the Institute of Geology and Geochemistry.
The first "Ural Mineralogical School" was organized in 1994 by Ural Mining University professor Edward Emlyn to promote student engagement in the relatively new scientific fields of mineralogy, petrography and geochemistry. At the time, the conference drew participants from across Russia.
The program gives students and established scholars alike the chance to share research as well as promote the study of mineralogy, petrography and geochemistry to future generations of science students.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants