USUE hosts this year's Day of Financier in Yekaterinburg
Thousands of Yekaterinburg residents descended upon USUE's campus to participate in personal finance activities, practical training sessions and a lecture series on financial training.
USUE's Day of Financier celebration started at 9:40 a.m. local time with registration and the distribution of agendas for the day's activities. While the majority of programs were held in classrooms and other areas at the university, a few specialty financial courses were conducted off-site at area businesses. Off-site programs included "Special-purpose financial unit for children's homes", which was developed in collaboration with the Ural Bank for Reconstruction and Development, and the VUZ Bank-sponsored "Financial awareness tram"-- a tour through Yekaterinburg's financial industry buildings.
On-campus activities included the "Russian finance in the age of globalization" roundtable discussion, an exhibition hall dedicated to personal finance products and financial training games. Lectures were held on the topics of financial careers, micro financial organizations, bank card security and finance/banking-related mobile applications.
The Day of Financier also featured several games including a Monopoly board game tournament, the "Earn a Million Dollars" relay race and a competition dedicated to kitchen finance that required participants calculate the most cost-effective way to purchase sandwiches for as many students as possible.
This year's event was made possible through partnerships between USUE and area financial institutions such as Central Bank of Russia, Sberbank, MDM-Bank and GrottBjorn. The Day of Financier also received support from government institutions including the Department for Financial Services Customers, Minority Stockholders Protection and the Sverdlovsk regional government.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants