Boaters recovered in Ob Bay after disappearing in storm
Search parties were dispatched in the village of Panaevsky immediately after the storm following reports that 10 people who set off boating that night did not return home, ITAR-TASS reports.
"The fate of eight people remains unknown," a spokesperson from the Yamal-Nenets Autonomous District's emergency department, according to ITAR-TASS. "On Thursday began search and rescue operations involving police and a group of rescuers also involved helicopter Mi-8."
Thus far, rescuers have recovered a few boats belonging to the missing eight people which were allegedly taken into Ob Bay despite warnings of an impending storm. Rescuers are continuing to search for the missing vessels under the assumption that there were no survivors.
"Among the [missing] were two general directors of construction companies, registered in the district, and working with construction crews," a statement from the district investigation department, ITAR-TASS reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants