Aeroexpress ridership increases 17 percent in Summer 2014
Family tickets offered over the summer at a promotional rate--where two adults and three children can ride for a total of $21--remain the railway's fastest-growing offering. Additionally, the number of single "child" tickets (for children ages five to seven) reached 12,000 this summer. Aeroexpress allows children under the age of five years to ride free of charge.
Aeroexpress' promotional family pricing is part of the company's larger effort to market itself as a family-friendly mode of transportation. This summer, the company launched a photo contest entitled How I Spent My Summer. The contest encourages families to upload their summer vacation photos to Instagram with the tag #aerokanikuly. The winning photos will be put on display at Aeroexpress' Belarus station.
Meanwhile, overall traffic increased by 20-30 percent in all areas of Moscow during the third quarter of 2014. From June 1 to Aug. 31, Aeroexpress--owned in part by Uzbek mogul Iskander Makhmudov--served approximately 4.9 million passengers--roughly one-third of the total passengers served in 2013.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants