Architectural students invited to submit plans for Urals-Siberian monument
The current monument, which many feel is outdated and obsolete, features just a small sign. Officials hope the new monument will be its own tourist attraction, enhancing tourism on the border cities of Slobodo-Turin and Tyumentsev. Additionally, a new monument could potentially benefit the cities economically by drawing fiscal sponsors to the border attraction.
Students wishing to participate in the contest should submit a drawing of their proposed monument electronically or on paper as well as brief explanation of the work by Oct. 1.
The Coordinating Council, comprised of public and local authorities from Slobodo-Turin, will vote on their favorite submission, and the winner will be announced Oct. 3.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants