Nizhny Tagil sets aside plot of land for mosque in Novaya Kushva
The two-story mosque has been situated to serve the Muslim community in the Gornozavodsky administrative district. It will occupy a five-acre plot and will feature classrooms, reading rooms and an area for people to make donations to their favorite charities, Oblastnaya Gazeta reports.
"We visited the Republic of Tartarstan and Chuvashia, seeing mosques," Fanis Hazrat, the chairman of local Muslim group Mahalia, said, according to Oblastnaya Gazeta. "After the discussion we should be looking building, designed for 300 [to] 500 Muslims."
Construction of the mosque is expected to last three years following the laying of the foundation later this year.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants