Rostelecom specialists prep to install massive fiber optic network in Chelyabinsk
The installation of the high-speed fiber optic network will provide Rostelecom customers in more dense cities, such as Mignard and Asha, with higher transmission speeds of internet data. Pending necessary regulatory approvals, Rostelecom predicts that the fiber optic channels will give Mignard and Asha customers connection speeds of more than 100 MB per second. Currently, people in those cities connect to the internet at an average speed of four MB per second.
With a faster connection speed, Chelyabinsk residents will be able to download large files in seconds and will be able to more quickly stream content from the internet. Faster streaming speeds will also allow Rostelecom customers in the area to participate in distance learning opportunities, conduct business tasks at home and watch television programming through Rostelecom's Interactive TV streaming service.
"The task of builders--meet in record time: lay optic lines along the streets and in the house until the end of November," Rostelecom's Asha regional head Vitaly Krillov said. "A lot of work: the village will lay more than 18.6 miles of optics."
By the end of 2014, Rostelecom plans to connect approximately 3,500 Chelyabinsk households to its fiber optic network--representing more 80 percent of the total population of Mignard. In Mignard alone, the company will lay 12.4 miles of optical cables. Residents of Asha will be able to connect to the network through proxy lines which will connect it to Mignards' central hub.
Despite the fact that the majority of Chelyabinsk residents to connect to Rostelecom's fiber optic service will be residents of Mignard and Asha, the telecommunications infrastructure will be available to a total of 36 cities and villages within the region.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants