Cargo truck kills two on Serov-Yekaterinburg highway
Preliminary reports indicate that the driver of the truck allegedly lost control of the vehicle and skidded towards the size of the road where three pedestrians were walking along the sidewalk, ITAR-TASS reports.
Additionally, the truck allegedly struck a passenger car which caused the car to overturn and slide into a ditch. No injuries were reported among the passengers of the car, which has been reported as a foreign vehicle.
This is the first major vehicle-pedestrian accident to occur within the Sverdlovsk region since June 17, when a motorist struck a pedestrian on a sidewalk. Six people were injured in the collision, including a 15-year-old who suffered a broken arm, according to ITAR-TASS.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants