Sverdlovsk swimmers return from European championships with three medals
Sverdlovsk resident Nikita Lobintsov received the silver medal in the 4x100 meter freestyle event. Christina Il'inykh won the silver medal in the pole meter tower while Daria Ustinov took third place in the 200-meter backstroke, Oblastnaya Gazeta reports.
Altogether, the Russian national swimming team took second place in this year's international championship, coming in behind the U.K., which brought home 11 gold, eight silver and eight bronze medals. By comparison, the Russian team took seventh place in the last European Championships in Aquatics, held in 2012.
Russian team began participating in the championship event in 1954 while representing the USSR. Since the inaugural event, Russia has participated in 25 tournaments and placed in the top three 22 different times. The Russian team received top place on nine occasions, according to Oblastnaya Gazeta.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants