Yekaterinburg seeks hosting rights for 2018 World Festival of Brass Bands
The official announcement of the municipal government's intent was made last Thursday by Yekaterinburg Deputy Head of Social Policy Mikhail Matveev during the final planning meeting of the upcoming celebration marketing the 291th anniversary of the Urals, Ekburg.ru reports.
The decision to seek the hosting rights for the 2018 World Festival of Brass Bands was made after municipal officials noted the success of the brass band concert event which occurred earlier this month as part of City Day.
Additionally, Yekaterinburg's City Day celebration drew 350,000 participants this year, with no reports of crime or security threats-- statistics which give city officials confidence that Yekaterinburg is up to the task of hosting the international brass music event, according to Ekburg.ru.
"In Yekaterinburg has developed a system of training and the events, which gives positive results," Matveev said, Ekburg.ru reports. "All planned activities were held at a high level. A huge thanks to all: and responsible services, and operators of sites. I am sure that for the 300th anniversary [of Yekaterinburg] we come to a new qualitative level."
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants