UBRD: Cardholders spent most money in U.K., Maldives
In similar studies conducts between 2011 and 2013, the top destinations among UBRD cardholders were the U.K., Luxembourg, Turkey, the U.S. and Spain. Bank officials attributed the increased level of spending in the Maldives among UBRD cardholders to the high costs associated with traveling there. On average, a single UBRD customer spends $2,600 per person during a trip to Maldives.
"The popularity of the Maldives is growing every year," UBRD Director Olga Gulyar said. "A high level of tourist spending in this is quite understandable. Maldives--it's basically an expensive destination. This archipelago of small islands, one at each hotel. In addition to staying in a hotel and on the beach in the Maldives to engage in nothing, so traditionally there is a great demand for alcohol. And this [is] the main reason for spending."
Meanwhile, bank officials said they were less surprised by the high level of customer spending in the U.K. and other historically popular locations among cardholders, due to the frequency of business travel to these countries and their popularity as more affordable family vacation destinations.
"The U.K. and Luxembourg are popular with business representatives, which are often sent to these countries for their companies for transactions or engaging in business activities," Gulyar said. "Also here send their children to receive a prestigious education. Turkey and Spain for many years, remains one of the most popular countries for a family holiday and shopping. United States in this regard universal country: someone goes there for someone on vacation, and some for study."
The bank also noted an increased level of customer spending in Brazil over the past two months, due largely to the country's recent hosting of the 2014 FIFA World Cup. On average, URBD customers spent $2,290 per person during their stays in Brazil for the World Cup.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants