Russia's national tank biathlon team wins 2014 World Championship
This year, the biathlon was held in Alabino, a small city in Russia's Moscow region. The contest challenged teams of military tank operators to a variety of races, obstacle courses and military-style drills, which were judged by a panel of representatives from both military equipment manufacturers and members of the Russian Defense Ministry, Ural Business Consulting reports.
Russia's national team secured its first-place victory in the event after completing an obstacle course with challenging terrain in a record time of one hour and 15 minutes. This year's Russian team was headed by Marat Khalikov.
This year, each competing team operated Uralvagonzavod's newest tank offering, the T 72B3, which Kalikov credited in-part for his team's success, according to Ural Business Consulting.
"Uralvagonzavod's T 72B3 is a great machine with outstanding terrain crossing capacity and good visual field, with viewing performed by modern observation devices," Khalikov said, Ural Business Consulting reports. "I am glad that Russia and the Russian Armed Forces can use such tanks."
Each member of the Russian national team was awarded a UAZ Patriot, a mid-sized crossover utility vehicle, for having won this year's World Tank Biathlon Championship.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants