Rostelecom completes installation of fiber optic network in Perm Khrai Okhansk
The new network is capable of providing citizens and businesses with connection speeds of more than 100 megabytes (MB) per second. Prior to the introduction of fiber optic connections, the city's average connection speeds never exceeded two MB per second.
"Fast and reliable internet today is an important component of the social development of our city, which directly affects the quality of life," Okhansky municipal district head Andrei Zubrik said. "Maximum capacity of Internet services for the residences [is] one [of] the priority tasks facing both governments and telecom operators. [T]he solution of this problem depends [on] the successful implementation of important public projects..."
Thus far, approximately 25 percent of households in Perm have fiber optic communications. Rostelecom hopes to double the number of working connections in the city by the end of the year.
"For ordinary users is very important high-speed internet access," Director of Rostelecom's Perm branch Alexander Loginov said. "And, regardless of where they live--in the metropolis or small town. The internet revolution in Ohkhansk [is] only a smart part of the new strategy of Rostelecom, which provides for the accelerated construction of optical communication networks across Russia."
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants