Sverdlovsk officials push residents to purchase seafood from Asian distributors
"From Europe, we receive only a very expensive red [fish], it's trout and salmon," Sverdlovsk Deputy Minister of Agribusiness and Food Vladimir Grebnev said, according to Ura.ru. "The main stream of the fish comes to us from China and Vietnam. This is our traditional trading partners, there are different fish, including white, which is not worse than the red, and perhaps even more useful, but certainly more affordable. There is another stream of fish to the Urals in the available segment, to which we are accustomed for many years to come--hake from the shores of South America and Paraguay. There is information that Paraguay is ready to increase our supply of seafood."
Regional officials are working hard to instill confidence among area citizens that the sanctions against European food importers will not affect Sverdlovsk residents' qualities of life. In addition to advising citizens to purchase white fish from China, the Ministry of Agribusiness and Food has issued recommendations on the purchase of meat.
"With meat situation is the same as with the fish," Grebnev said, Ura.ru reports. "If something stops and romp to us from European countries, a line of luxury segments--delicacies. But we have a lovely own meat processing plants that also produce high-quality and delicatessen products. The main flow of meat for processing comes to us from South America. With these countries our relations within BRICS [is] beautiful."
The Sverdlovsk region will also begin relying more heavily on Russia's surrounding countries for food imports in light of the European ban. Urals-area officials have visited Kazakhstan, Belarus, Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan to discuss trade between the countries.
"Products former CIS countries we have long been familiar, it is environmentally-friendly, there is minimal additives used," Yekaterinburg Deputy Foreign Prime Minister Alexander Harlov said, according to Ura.ru.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants