Yekaterinburg's MoFA to debut Native American photo exhibits
The "In our opinion: a photo exhibition of North American Indians" and "Regeneration" will both open at 5 p.m. on Aug. 8, Oblastnaya Gazeta reports.
The "In our opinion" series will feature photographic works created by Native American artists, including Jamison Hour Banks, Anna Hoover, Tom Jones, Larry McNeil, Shealy Niro Matic Wilbur and Tiffany Yazzie. The photographs will depict a variety of topics ranging from domestic scenes to political activism. The works span from the early 1900s to today and will offer visitors an insight into the lives of modern Native Americans.
"Regeneration," an exhibit on loan from the Museum de L'Elize in Laussane, France, is devoted to the study of and representation of young creative photographers from across the globe. The photos included in "Regeneration" were taken during the period of 2005 to 2009 by photographers in Europe, Asia and the U.S. During the exhibit's tenure in France, it attracted more than 120,000 viewers, according to Oblastnaya Gazeta.
Both exhibits will remain on display at the Yekaterinburg Museum of Fine Arts until Sept. 14.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants