Traffic accident on Yekaterinburg-Serov highway leaves 41 injured
The incident occurred on Friday at the 148th-kilometer mark of the Yekaterinburg-Serov highway when a dump truck collided with a commuter bus. Sixteen passengers of the commuter bus remain hospitalized, RIA Novosti reports.
According to officials, the dump truck drove into the oncoming lane of traffic before it collided with a bus operating the Yekaterinburg-Cheremuhovo transportation service. The driver attempted to steer back into his lane before the collision but was unsuccessful. A passenger car was also struck during the incident.
Both drivers have been released from the hospital with minor wounds. Officials expect to issue a traffic violation citation to the driver of the dump truck, according to RIA Novosti.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants