UrFU to host entrepreneurship workshop for young mothers
A social project aimed at developing the entrepreneurship among young mothers, Mama-Entrepreneur will travel this year through Moscow, Krasnodar, Yekaterinburg, Samara and Novosibirsk, according to a press release for the workshop.
Hosted in Yekaterinburg, the workshop is supported by major universities, as well as the Yekaterinburg Chamber of Commerce and local media agencies.
The workshop centers on the idea that self-employment is a great alternative to wage labor among young women, and especially young mothers. Entrepreneurship, according to workshop organizers, allows young women freedom of time, space and self-expression as well as a much more flexible schedule that enables them to spend more time with their children.
During the workshop, young mothers will learn how to start a business in any field, and instructors will detail specifics on taxation, marketing and business planning. Organizers also include classes on lifestyle management for women and techniques on how to reduce stress.
Last year's workshops trained more than 200 young women. At the conclusion of the workshops across Russian cities, women can submit their business plans to be considered for a grand prize of $5,600 with which they can start their business. The winning business plan will be selected by jury of independent business experts. The funds will be provided by Amway.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants