Orthodox Christians celebrate Christianization of Kievan Rus
The Christian baptism ceremony celebrated the commemoration day of St. Vladimir with the Family Marathon rally, which was attended by more than 400 families, Ekburg.ru reports.
During the rally, families delivered flowers and placards to the city's Square of Labor calling for the revival of family values in Russia. The rally continued with a concert and the distribution of raffle prizes.
The Orthodox holiday concluded with a 15-minute chiming of all bells within all Orthodox churches in Russia, Ukraine and Belarus, according to Ekburg.ru.
The three-day Eid ul-Fitr holiday was celebrated by the city's Muslim community with large feasts among relatives, friends and neighbors. Food and clothing items were also donated to the area's poor.
No arrests were made during the week of religious celebrations in Yekaterinburg, Ekburg.ru reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants