UrFU's men's team takes first place in championship in Malaga
UrFU's team finished in the top position after not having won the championship for eight years. The team was led by fourth-year student Nikita Fakhrutdinov, who also received a separate award for his expert playing during the event, according to a university press release.
In the team's first game of the championship, Fakhrutdinov scored several points against Oman to help UrFU win the match with a final score of 15-1.
The final game of the championship pitted UrFU against Brazil-- one of the strongest teams in the world. UrFU defeated Brazil with a final score of eight to five, sealing the team's victory over the championship.
The UrFU team is coached by Sergey Skorovich, a graduate of the university's Institute of Physical Culture, Sport and Youth Policy.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants