Koltsovo Airport holds reconstruction conference during Innoprom
Airport managers and representatives from architecture agencies from across the Urals discussed recent airport reconstruction programs which they have underwent in the last year. The event was moderated by AviaPort editor Oleg Panteleev, according to a Koltsovo press release.
Later in the conference, speakers discussed the architectural standards for both brand new regional airports as well as those airports seeking to renovate. Currently, the regional airports of Nizhny Novgorod and Samara are planning the construction of new passenger terminal. Meanwhile, new terminal buildings are being scheduled for construction at Saratov and Rostov-on-Don's iaports.
Conferees also heard from renowned architect Hin Tang Lin of the Hintan Associates, London architecture studio as well as Dmitry Ovcharov of the NEFARESEARCH studio regarding project organization and the design of spaces within Koltsovo Airport. Koltsovo's own remodel earned the airport the Best Public Space Interior certificate in the Best Office Awards 2014 competition.
The conference ended with the announcement of a architectural conference for the forecourt of Koltosovo Airport. Architecture students are tasked to submit an original design for the airport's forecourt. The submissions will be evaluated by a jury of experts and the winner will be announced next year.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants