Downpour in Kamensk floods streets, damages automobiles
The initial flash flood reportedly caused several cars to stall out in the middle of Suvorov street in Kamensk. Reports indicate that the rainwater accumulated so rapidly that within an hour of the start of the storm water levels rose higher than the wheels of many cars, Oblastnaya Gazeta reports.
Several motorists were forced to evacuate their vehicles and wade through the rainwater before rescue teams could recover their vehicles.
Following Monday's heavy rains, the Sverdlovsk region's Hydrometeorological Center released a statement indicating that the aggressive weather event was atypical for the region and is unlikely to occur in the coming week, according to Oblastnaya Gazeta.
The service further reported that the accumulation of rainwater will likely have damaging affects of area streets as well as the ecosystems of nearby rivers, ponds and reservoirs.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants