Skolkovo partners with Amazon Web Services to provide tech cluster with cloud services
The partnership program will primarily benefit Skolkovo's younger companies, which have been in existence for less than three years and have less than $1.5 million in investments. Eligible companies will receive free access to Amazon's cloud resources to help grow their businesses, according to a press release.
In the past, Amazon Web Services has extended free cloud access to successful technology companies during their start-up phase in an effort to enhance their operational infrastructure. Companies such as Pinterest, Spotify and Dropbox have each previously participated in Amazon's free cloud access program.
"Working with Amazon Web Services, the Skolkovo Fund... provides [Russian start-ups] a unique opportunity to develop projects on a new technological level," Skolkovo IT cluster head Ivan Kireev said. "In the modern world, cloud technologies are becoming increasingly popular in various fields. AWS... can be used by residents of all clusters of the fund."
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants