Soccer-themed street art gallery opens during Yekaterinburg's Stengraffia Festival
"As soon as today, residents and guests of the Urals can take a look at these out-of-the-ordinary street art dedicated to soccer games," a statement from Yekaterinburg's municipal press service said, according to Ural Business Consulting. "Instead of canvases, objects like supporting walls, construction fences and facades of buildings were used."
According to the city's press service, artists from Moscow, Samara and Asbest were invited to create the works of art. Sketches were chosen from 60 applications submitted to a board of experts.
The 2014 Stengraffia Festival was sponsored by the Yekaterinburg Council. Now in its fifth year, the annual event aims to promote the development of street and graffiti arts as a way of beautifying cities around the Urals. The festival brings together young street artists from across the Urals to demonstrate their skills and collaborate with other artists, Ural Business Consulting reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants