Philip Glass' "Satyagraha" to premiere for first time in Russia in September
Opening the theater's 103rd season, "Satyagraha" performances will be held on Sept. 16, 17 and 18. Rehearsals for the three-act production began last year. Oliver von Dohnani will be the production's music director, with Honored Artist of Russia Elvira Gaifullina serving as choirmaster.
The production's director and set designer is Tadeusz Shtrasberger. Costumes and lights were designed by Matti Ulrich and Yevgeny Vinogradov, respectively.
"Satyagraha" first premiered on September 5, 1980, at Rotterdam's Netherlands Opera.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants