Koltsovo Airport begins accepting credit, debit cards for parking
Bank card payments are processed through automated kiosks installed throughout the airport's eight different parking areas. Both Visa and MasterCard are accepted at the pay stations, as well as newer MasterCard PayPass and Visa PayWave touch-based cards.
Koltsovo modeled its new paid parking kiosks off of existing ones at Moscow's airports. Reports indicate that Nizhny Novogorod's Strigino airport will begin installing similar pay kiosks in its parking regions.
"Airport Development Holding is directly related to improving the quality of services offered to passengers," Koltsovo spokesman Evgeny Bolgarin. "Appearance in Yekaterinburg and Nizhny Novogorod airports cashless parking--a major step towards global standards of service. If airports in Europe and the United States parking payment by credit card, a common practice in Russia is not in every airport has a modern integrated automated parking system technically capable of receiving cash payments."
The MasterCard Paypass and Visa PayWave technologies are proving to be very popular throughout Russia, allowing customers to pay for goods and services of up to $28.60 without entering a PIN number. Koltsovo Airport's touch-based readers are certified as having the most recent data protection provisions by the PCI PA-DSS.
For now, Koltsovo Airport has decided to leave its older traditional parking meters which accept cash near the exits of the parking lots.
Koltsovo Airport's parking complex is designed to accommodate 1,640 cards of which 900 spots are designated for long-term parking and 740 for short-term.
Forty-four spaces in the parking facility are reserved for passengers with disabilities and are situated closer to the terminal than the other parking spots. More than 2.5 million passengers parked at Koltsovo in 2013. Thus far in 2014, 1.2 million passengers have parked at the airport.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants