Uralochka begins training for 2014-15 season
This season, Uralochka plans to compete in four national tournaments: the Russian Cup, the Russian national championship, the League Cup and the National Youth Championship, Ekburg.ru reports.
Uralochka has begun its training sessions in Belarus' Bevy Olympic Sports Complex. The team will remain in Belarus until Aug. 9, when it will travel to Yekaterinburg and continue its training through the end of the month.
This year, Uralochka welcomed three new teammates: Daria Pisarenko of Novy Urengoy's Torch as well as former Krasnodar Dynamo teammates Anna Matienko and Ludmila Malofeeva, according to Ekburg.ru.
Moreover, Mikhail Karpol will replace Nikolai Karpol as the team's assistant coach. Most recently, Mikhail Karpol served as assistant coach of Karsnodar Dynamo and helped lead the team to its third consecutive gold medal in the youth championship last year.
Additionally, World Universiade 2009 winner Artem Habibulin has been named head coach of Uralochka for this season. However, Habibulin will have to take a leave of absence with the Ural team to participate as a player in the Russian team at the 2014 World Cup in Volleyball to be held in late September and early October in Italy, Ekburg.ru reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants