Russian folk hero figurines made with Ural gems to tour Europe in 2015
The collection of figures, valued at several million dollars, is currently being previewed at Yekaterinburg's Innoprom. The exhibition at Innoprom includes figures of Russian folk heroes Koshchey, Svyatogora, Mikula Selyaninovich and Nikitich, ITAR-TASS reports.
Each of the figures is approximately 16 inches tall and is made out of jasper, chalcedony, jade and other precious stones.
"We want to show the people of the Old World the brightest representatives of the culture of the Russian people-- the heroes of fairy tales and legends," exhibition manager and Innoprom head Alexei Antonov said, according to ITAR-TASS. "List of cities where the collection visit, now clarifies."
The figures were crafted entirely by hand by master-level sculptors and jewelers. Each craftsman who worked on the collection had at least 20 years of experience in his her her field.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants