"Gang blogger" Vasily Fedorovich stands trial in Sverdlovsk
State prosecutors involved in the proceedings have said they expect the trail to be lengthy because it involves a large number of defendants and several dozen witnesses.
The police's investigation of Fedorovich and his co-defendants' activities began in December 2006 and lasted through June 2012. The scope of the investigation spanned throughout Yekaterinburg and other portions of the Sverdlovsk and Kurgan regions, according to ITAR-TASS.
"In numerous raids, residence suspects found physical evidence, including a large number of weapons and firearms (several tens)," Sverdlovsk region Investigative Department Senior Assistant Alexander Shulga said, ITAR-TASS reports.
Prior to Fedorovich and his accomplices' arrests, investigators recovered knives, axes, pistols, revolvers, rifles, shotguns and brass knuckles from the residences of the suspects.
Initially, investigators identified a total of 11 criminal collaborators, including the now-deceased gang leader Daniel Potashnikov. Of those suspects, Semen Ermolinsky remains at large. The Sverdlovsk Interior Ministry is offering a $29,000 reward for any information which leads to the arrest of Ermolinsky, according to ITAR-TASS.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants