Yekaterinburg to begin dual garbage collection to bolster recycling efforts
As part of the new process, the committee purchased 13 additional garbage trucks to collect recyclable materials which fit within the Euro-4 and Euro-5 class designations. Moreover, the committee installed 125 new garbage containers within Yekaterinburg which are separated into garbage and recyclable compartments, Ekburg.ru reports.
The new dual-garbage containers have been placed in Upper Iset street (25 containers), Lenin street (23 containers), October street (15 containers) and Chkalauski street (22 containers). Additionally, the committee gifted 40 separated garbage containers to the Kirov region.
Aside from the new collection trucks and containers, the committee plans to continue its campaign to educate the public on the importance of recycling. Now in its second year, the "Second Life of a Tree" effort helped the city recycle more than 80 tons of paper throughout 2013 and 2014, according to Ekburg.ru.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants