UrFU ranked among world's top 500 universities
The 2013 list of top world universities is compiled by considering the influence of the research conducted at a university during the calendar year.
This year's list included seven Russian universities in total, including UrFU, Moscow State University, St. Petersburg State University, Voronezh State University, Kazan Federal University, Moscow Physical-Technical Institute and Novosibirsk State University.
"Contact with the group UrFU 500+ Shanhai ranking was made possible by an increase in the number of publications of our scientists," UrFU Deputy Director of Science Monitoring and Education Mark Akoev said. "Rapid enhancement in the Shanghai ranking is not something unattainable, for example in the 2013 in the top 500 ranking went Technological University of King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, established in 2009."
Recently, UrFU received a top-10 ranking from Expert RA and was included in the top 500 QS World Universities. Moreover, UrFU received the 80th position in the BRICS ranking of universities and 528th place in the Webometrics Ranking.
Much of UrFU's recent scientific publishing activity centers on research of the meteorite which crashed in the Chelyabinsk region last year.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants