Koltsovo Airport launches active Indoor Mapping software for guests
The Indoor Mapping software was developed in partnership with technology firm Sitiskanner and employs the Google Maps platform to deliver high-detail renderings of each floor of the airport's interiors.
Passengers can easily navigate the terminals, shops and cafes located within Koltsovo airport through the software.
"Koltsovo Airport remains one of the industry leaders in implementing modern IT solutions," Koltsovo Airport President Alexei Piskunov said. "This applies to the automation of their production processes, and the creation of convenient services for passengers."
Koltsovo's Indoor Mapping project began in mid-2013, and its first phase was completed in February. Shortly after, representatives from Google traveled to Koltsovo to help airport and Sitiskanner staff refine the electronic navigation system.
Similar mapping projects are expected to begin in other Russian regional airports next year.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants