Skolkovo residents Jelastic, Infobox launch grant program for cloud development
Jelastic and Infobox will avail their expertise to any grantee seeking to make enhancements to existing cloud computing models, especially as they pertain to optimizing costs and increasing the reliability of cloud-based storage.
The total amount of funding available for the project is $5.84 million.
"The benefits of the cloud model in the organization of IT-infrastructure [is] valuable for all types of business at any stage in the life of the company," Infobox CEO Alexei Bakhtiarov said. "But it is especially relevant for young companies in the early stages of creation and business growth. Residents IT-cluster Skolkovo create high-tech products, particularly important for the future of the country. So, we immediately supported the initiative of our partners to provide these companies computing resources with which they can solve a variety of IT-tasks. We want to show the advantages of a modern cloud created in Russia, and to prove that it is practical, reliable and secure."
Individual grants of up to $8,750 are available for each individual or company who contributes to a single portion of the project.
"We are pleased to support promising young companies and provide them with opportunities for development," Jelastic CTO Ruslan Sinitskiy said. "Energetic entrepreneurs who want to develop their own project can always count on help from our side to achieve their goals, whether it's expert advice, the right contracts or resources. That is why, together with Jelastic Skolkovo Infobox supported the initiative of awarding grants for the use of 'cloud' platform to optimize development of start-ups."
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants