Yekaterinburg to host sixth Azerbaijan-Russian regional forum
Ural State Economic University Rector Mikhail Fedorov will take a leading role in organizing next year's event, according to an announcement he made at the 2014 Azerbaijan-Russian regional forum held last week in Gabala, Azerbaijan, News.az reports.
"Yekaterinburg is Russia's second city after Moscow for its trade with Azerbaijan," Fedorov said, according to News.az. "The decision was made taking into account the fact that the Azerbaijan diaspora in the Urals is very large and there extensive ties with the country."
The fifth Azerbaijani-Russian forum in Gabala attracted more than 400 Russian delegates from across 24 regions of the country. Russia's presence at the forum was led by Russian Minister of Regional Development Igor Slyunyaev.
The 2015 Azerbaijan-Russian regional forum will largely deal with the 70th anniversary of the end of World War II and will celebrate Russia's victory in that international conflict, News.az reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants