Vienna Musical Film Festival kicks off at UrFU
Films of famous ballets, musicals and operas will be shown on a big screen in the plaza in front of the main academic building of the university every day at 8 p.m. until July 13.
The event will include performances from Austrian pianist Markus Shirmer and opera singer Stanislav Shvets.
Mary Viktorovny Zashlyapinoy, the director of the festival, said the event has been growing each year. In 2010, the first year of the festival, the event was only five days long. This year's event will last three weeks.
Additionally, the number of seats will be doubled and a playground has been installed for young children.
While the festival has traditionally shown strictly classical music, this year's event will include a short list of performances form popular culture.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants