Ettore Messina to depart CSKA Moscow after two seasons
Messina has been the team's most successful head coach to date. During his two-season tenure with CSKA Moscow, Messina led the team to two Turkish Airlines Euroleague Final Four appearances, two VTB League titles and one Russian championship, Euroleague.net reports.
"We had a great six years together," Messina said, according to Euroleague.net. "I was honored to be a part of this great club, and I wish CSKA the best of luck in the future."
The 54-year-old coach is a two-time Alexander Gomelskiy Euroleague Coach of the Year Trophy winner. During his tenure with other Euroleague teams, he collected four Russian League titles and two Russian Cup trophies.
"We are celebrating the end of a victorious season but feel sad at the same time," CSKA President Andrei Vatutin said, Euroleague.net reports. "Ettore Messina, the most successful coach in CSKA's modern history, is leaving. We have to start many things from scratch. On behalf of the club and myself, I would like to express my gratitude and admiration. Ettore will always be a part of our family."
Prior to arriving in Moscow, Messina served as head coach of Real Madrid from 2009 to 2011. Throughout his career in Russia, Messina remained a consultant coach for the NBA's Los Angeles Lakers franchise.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants