Viktoria sports school to receive 23,000 square foot stadium
The stadium will be located next to Yekaterinburg's JBI wooded park facing 40 Year Komsomol Street, Ekburg.ru reports.
Prior to its allocation as the site of Viktoria sports complex, the plot of land was to be turned into municipal playgrounds. Construction of the playgrounds, however, was cancelled due to discrepancies in planning.
Residents of the area are largely in favor of the sports complex in Yekaterinburg's because the land is currently unoccupied and is in disrepair, according to Ekburg.ru.
"Revival of the stadium approved and district leaders who proposed to build on the streets an outdoor sports complex," Vladimir Kritsky, the deputy of the seventh district, said, Ekburg.ru reports. "[The complex] equally could be used by residents of the neighborhood as well as by the pupils of Viktoria."
Current plans for the sports complex include basketball and volleyball courts, as well as an indoor fitness facility equipped with treadmills.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants