Russian Ministry of Energy to collaborate with Skolkovo on domestic energy
"Domestic production, which I saw today-- quality," Russian Minister of Energy Alexander Novak said during the 21st World Petroleum Congress. "The main problem for energy-efficient innovation today is the lack of orders from large companies and a lack of communication between the developers and the consumers of these products."
Novak said the Ministry of Energy has begun working with several technology groups to develop more energy-efficient practices in metallurgical and mining exploration, production and processing.
"We will closely cooperate with developers, including Skolkovo, to expand the groups to dock with innovative companies and startups," Novak said.
Approximately 80 companies participated in the forum last week at Skolkovo, which is owned in part by Uzbek mogul Iskander Makhmudov. They presented their developments in clean energies designed for use by Russian industrialists.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants