Sverdlovsk ranks seventh in Russia in new car sales during Q1
Nearly 550,000 new cars were sold in the Middle Urals during the first three months of 2014, representing approximately four percent of new cars sold in Russia during the period, Oblastnaya Gazeta reports.
Leading the Sverdlovsk region in the sale of new cars in the first quarter of the year were the regions of Moscow, St. Petersburg, Tartarstan, Bashkortostan and Krasnodar.
Lada, Nissan, Toyota, Kia and Hyundai were the best-selling brands in the region, followed by Isuzu, Cadillac and Jaguar. The sale of Nissans and Toyotas increased by 31 percent and eight percent, respectively, during the first quarter according to Oblastnaya Gazeta.
A separate AUTOSTAT report showed that approximately 40 percent of the new vehicles sold in Russian cities with populations of more than 250,000 people are SUV or four-wheel drive vehicles. In Yekaterinburg, SUV sales increased by eight percent during the first quarter of 2014 over the same period of the previous year.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants